We’ve used the up-to-date tools to manage and maintain the client’s fleet park more effectively. Our team managed to get the best result aligned to our client’s business needs by applying advanced technologies and proven web services:
- Driving Portal to monitor the fleet park;
- Management Portal to run our client’s accounts and orders;
- Android/ iOS Mobile apps to build fast and cost-efficient routes and assist drivers from the central office.
A logistic company relied on our industry expertise and set the following goals:
- to integrate real-time track and monitoring system for their fleet park;
- to use solutions that can ensure on-time vehicle maintenance;
- to achieve the greatest degree of driving safety by improving prompt vehicle health monitoring;
- to reduce accidents on the preset route and thus lower accident-related costs.
On the way to comprehensive and top-quality solutions, our team has faced the following challenges:
- to implement plug and play technology;
- to provide real-time data updates without reducing the system’s capacity;
- to enhance communication between the administrative center and drivers by making it fast and simple;
- to design an easy-to-manage platform for every user with an intuitive interface.
We’ve implemented the following solutions:
Real-time fleet/asset tracking
Our team has integrated technology for automated monitoring of the fleet park of any size to boost safety and speed up delivery.
The introduction of a vehicle tracking camera has enabled our client to collect factual data of drivers’ behavior on the road. So they could enhance operational processes and minimize incident risks.
Our engineers have used OWL cam and SmartWitness to monitor the situation on the route and process detailed insights to ensure safety and diminish accident-related costs.
We’ve set up modules to record driver activity over the trip. So our client can follow legislative regulations and obtain up-to-date information about driving and non-driving activity during on-duty and rest hours.
We’ve launched the Platform to diagnose engine condition and capacity. Now our client can collect fault code data to monitor and timely analyze vehicles malfunction.
GPS Location and Trip History
We’ve equipped every vehicle of the fleet park with GPS devices that fits into the vehicle’s OBD2 port. They collect data to ensure smooth and safe operations.
Our team has used technologies that allow keeping a smooth connection between a manager and a driver. The latter can receive instant notifications about vehicles, routes, and the like.
Driver’s mobile app screen showing detailed information about some trip. Similar to Trip page on customer web-app, it displays a map with trip route, where trip event is marked on the route, detailed trip information, a list of trip events, and a list of video clips for vehicle’s camera.
Driver’s mobile app screen shows detailed information about specific vehicles: a map with vehicle’s current location, a part of trip route if vehicle is currently on trip, status like ‘Driving’, info about the last trip (start/stop time, distance, duration, etc.), info about vehicle’s current driver, etc.
There is more info about current vehicle, including a list of attached hardware devices, links to more detailed views of vehicle’s activity, stats, etc, and a visual representation of vehicle’s TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) data.
On this page driver’s mobile app screen shows his driving stats for the last 6 months.
- Languages: Elixir, Golang
- Frameworks: Phoenix
- Other: Kubernetes, Helm, Redis, Rabbitmq, GraphiQL
- Frameworks: None
- Other: React (with Hooks), Apollo GraphQL Client, OIDC for the token refresh, WRTC for video, WebSockets
As a result, implementing our complex solutions allowed the client to improve driving behavior and reduce traffic laws violation. In addition, our technologies assisted in optimizing fuel consumption and decreased fuel expenses by 20%. Plus, the client managed to lower maintenance costs by 40%.